Please click on the link above, in the header, labeled trainings and pull down to the appropriate training for more information.
Just Announced! Recovery Coach Academy in Nashua, NH; June 24th – June 29th; 9am – 4:30pm. Stay tuned for more information. Email us to be put on notification list for registration.
Just announced! Suicide Prevention Training, Keene Serenity Center, Keene, NH; July 19th, 2017. Click here to register; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/suicide-prevention-tickets-33891026974
Just Announced! HIV/AIDS for Recovery Support Workers, Keene Serenity Center, Keene, NH; July 20th, 2017. Click here for more information and to register; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hivaids-for-recovery-support-workers-tickets-33902775113?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_term=viewmyevent_button
Congratulations Keene Recovery Coach Academy
February 20-24th, 2017 – You’re all Geniuses!
Congratulations Seacoast Recovery Coaches!
January, 2017 – Our messes are our messages. “J.R.”
Congratulations Center Ossipee Recovery Coaches!
You are all geniuses!
Who is this training for?
This training is for individuals who are involved in the recovery initiation of others and/or are in sustained recovery themselves and want to become a Recovery Coach or a Certified Recovery Support Worker for people seeking or already in recovery.
Recovery Coaching is a peer-based recovery support service that is non-clinical and designed to engage others beyond recovery initiation through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. Similar peer interventions in clinical settings have been shown to improve engagement and retention of people seeking services. It is also known that long-term treatment and/or recovery outcomes are improved by assertive linkages to community-based recovery supports such as Recovery Coaching.
What Recovery Coaches do:
- Help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use disorder or addiction.
- Promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
- Serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking, or already in recovery
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
30 Continue Education credits are awarded as well as Certification status of a Recovery Coach. These CEs can be used towards NHs CRSW Licensure status.